We’re so happy we can finally see our patients for routine care again after 74 long days! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team.
- We have reserved specific times for highly vulnerable patients, including the elderly and those with chronic conditions.
- We will send out a COVID-19 symptom questionnaire via text to be filled out prior to your appointment.
- When you come to an appointment, please stay in your car and call us to check in.
- We ask that you wear a face mask when entering the building, as required by the CDC. You will be met by a clinical team member, asked to sanitize your hands, and we’ll take your temperature and oxygen saturation.
- Appointments are being managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We ask that only patients enter the office, and spouses, friends, etc. remain in the car. If the patient is a minor, they may be accompanied into the office by ONE adult.
- Plexiglass has been installed at the front desk, and all front office team members are wearing masks. All clinical team members are wearing high standard PPE consisting of masks, face shields, scrub caps and gowns. All “touch surfaces” are being wiped with disinfectant throughout the day.
- We have six Surgically Clean Air units running continuously to “scrub” the air and destroy viruses, bacteria, odors and allergens, and medical grade HEPA filtration has been added to our HVAC system to enhance the quality of air in the office.
- Newly added aerosol collection units are being utilized during all aerosol producing procedures to remove any aerosols created during dental treatment.
- We are fogging the office weekly with a safe, electrolyzed water solution to disinfect all surfaces.
- Please click the links on this page for informational videos regarding our new check-in procedure and added safety precautions.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Finally, we want to say thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.